Ford 9-Inch Third Member Assembly (31-Spline)
A complete Currie 9-inch third member makes it easy to update your street rod, muscle car, or truck with a new gear ratio or performance differential. All Currie built-to-order third members feature a new gear case, bearings, seals, solid pinion bearing spacer, and Daytona pinion support, with a choice of gear ratio, pinion yoke, and differential type.
Currie 9-inch third members are assembled by our in-house experts with decades of rear-end setup and assembly experience so that you can trust the finished product.
- Currie Sportsman Nodular Iron Case with 3.062 Bore
- Currie Nodular Iron Big Bearing (Daytona) Pinion Support
- Choice of Gear Ratio, Carrier, and Pinion Yoke
- Setup and Assembled by Skilled Professionals
- Gear Case - New Currie Sportsman 9-inch nodular iron gear case with 3.062 bore carrier bearings for 31-spline axles
- Pinion Support - New nodular Dayton iron pinion support
- Pinion Yoke - 1330 iron pinion yokes
- Master Bearing kit - New Timken master bearing kit with seals and solid pinion spacer
- Labor - Fully assembled and set up in-house by skilled professionals
Lubrication Requirements - 9-inch rearends use a high-offset hypoid gear design that requires a severe duty 85w-140 gear oil with API GL-6 rating. Use of oil not meeting the GL-6 rating will damage the gears and bearings and void the Currie Warranty